Today we are going to start with a review of independent clauses, semi-colons, and commas.
Then we are going to move to a short thematic writing assignment.
- Identify a theme in Lord of the Flies, and support the theme with a specific analysis of the novel that is based on one example of textual evidence.
- Your paragraph must open with a focused topic sentence.
- Your paragraph must incorporate one example of textual evidence.
- Your paragraph should be 6-8 sentences.
- Your paragraph must incorporate a reference to two of the three additional literary elements listed:
- Completed paragraphs due in class on Monday. The paragraph can be on your iPad.
- There will be a semi-colon and comma quiz next week. Exact date TBD.