Today we took a group quiz.
I then handed back your essays.
EXPLANATION OF YOUR ESSAY GRADE:
- On your essay rubric, you will see a bunch of numbers; I needed to convert your final draft grade to a number out of 40. The Roslyn English Department rubric, however, is out of 30. Then this number was converted to a number out of 100.
- Then, I multiplied the number out of 100 by .4 because this grade was 40% of the final grade. This number says “Final” above it.
- Then, I added in your grade for Harvard Outline Draft 1 (HO1) and Harvard Outline Draft 2 (HO2).
- Finally, I added 20 points at the end which was Essay Draft 1 and Essay Draft 2.
- Everybody in the class got the full 20 points for this because everybody worked well in class.
- Your final test grade is the number circled on the rubric.
HW: Read chapter 8 for tomorrow.