Today we’re going to begin our practice for Part 3 of the final exam.
This assignment will count as a Major Grade for Quarter 4.
The typed essay must be submitted through Turnitin.com by Thursday, June 9, 2016 at 11:59 pm.
Essays submitted late will automatically lose 20 points.
Please keep in mind that you have approximately 40 minutes to write this essay on the final.
For this practice, I suggest you write a first draft of this assignment in 40 minutes. This will give you a sense of timing for the exam. Then, go back and edit your work as you see fit before you submit through Turnitin.com.
Here is a suggested outline for your essay:
- Introduce topic
- Move to your focused thesis
- Body Paragraph 1
- Focused topic sentence supporting your position
- Refer to two articles in support of your position
- Use literary elements as part of your analysis
- Body Paragraph 2
- Focused topic sentence exploring the counter-arguement
- This paragraph should explicitly show that you understand the opposing claim
- Refer to specific textual evidence when exploring the opposing claim
- You should then provide a clear reason why this position is invalid
- Provide one final thought/insight
- Come back to your opening thesis