Today we’re going to prepare for Part II of your final.
Please take note of the following suggestions when you write your paragraph:
- Your paragraph should begin with a clearly focused topic sentence
- Your topic sentence should identify the work, the theme, & the writing strategy (literary element) used to develop the theme
- You must use specific textual evidence (quote) to support your topic sentence
- Your analysis should remain focused on how your chosen writing strategy develops your chosen theme. Stay focused on this one task!
- Don’t overdue the paragraph. 1/3 of a page is too short while over a page is probably too long. Of course, this depends on the size of your handwriting.
This work is due in class tomorrow.