Yesterday was a great day! The takeaway for me was that art can indeed change lives. The fact that billions (literally) of dollars have been invested in these facilities shows how important art is in our culture.
- You will work with a partner to identify examples of the following:
- A metaphor in a song, movie, or television
- A simile in a song, movie, or television
- An example of symbolism in any painting, photograph, or sketch
- An example of personification in any work of art (movie, art, music, film, etc.)
- An example of irony in a song, movie, or television
- For each task, you must identify the work, identify the specific literary element or device, and provide a brief explanation of the function of the device.