Today we are going to discuss the metaphors identified by your groups.
Then we will use one sample as a model for a short writing assignment you will complete.
Finally, each student must complete the following writing task:
- Write a paragraph about one of your group’s chosen metaphors.
- Your paragraph must start with a focused topic sentence identifying what you are going to prove:
- In (name of work & author), __________ is a metaphor for ___________. The author’s intent with this metaphor is __________ (finish this sentence).
- You must include at least one quote showing the reader your metaphor.
- Your analysis must identify how the metaphor contributes to the mood of the selected work.
- You must use the word characterize at least once as part of your analysis.
- You should identify a theme that the metaphor helps to establish.
- Your paragraph should be a full typed page.
- Typed paragraphs due tomorrow.
- The paragraphs can be on your iPad.
- They do not have to be printed out.