Today you are going to reflect on the Golden Ring program.
Your task is to write a 1-2 page essay about the program.
Things to consider:
- How do you define the program?
- What is the program’s value?
- Have you changed your behavior, even once, as a result of the program? Please explain.
- Can you identify a specific moment where the program impacted you in some way?
- Did the program challenge a belief you had? A pattern of behavior?
- Is the program a waste of time? If so, why?
- How can the program be improved? Should the program be abandoned? Explain.
Today you will write a rough draft of the essay.
The final draft is due on Wednesday.
Your essay can be structured in any way you see fit. It can be a straight academic essay with a clear thesis and body paragraphs, or it can be a personal narrative that outlines a specific moment in your life to prove your point.
In lieu of the essay, you also have a creative option. The creative option can be a short 1-2 minute video outlining your thoughts or an artistic representation of your ideas. If you go the creative route, please discuss your ideas with Mr. Kaufman before you begin.
This assignment will count as a quiz grade.
In true Golden Ring style, you will choose the grade you deserve. However, you must provide a written explanation of why you deserve the grade.
Things to consider when grading yourself:
- Did you follow the guidelines?
- How much time did you spend on the assignment? Keep track of all time spent.
- Insight provided.
- While humor is always appreciated, the program – and by extension this assignment – is not a joke. Please proceed accordingly.